I’m not a naturally patient person, so I love anything that makes my life easier and things move faster.
When it comes to my car and filling up with petrol, nothing makes me more frustrated (except maybe the prices on the board) than huge qeues at the payment counter.
As a small business owner, I don’t have time to wait to pay (and I don’t have the patience either), so you can imagine being able to pay for fuel from the comfort of my Jeep has brought me so much joy (and extra time).
That’s why I love using the Shell Card GO app – it makes my fuel stop as quick and effortless as possible – plus has a range of other awesome benefits.
It’s easy to add a card, it’s easy and fast to pay, and it makes my impatient soul very happy.
Here Are 5 Great Benefits of the Shell Card Go App
1.I can pay from the comfort of my car – I don’t have to queue at the checkout.
2. I can load load multiple Shell Cards to the app if I’m switching between cars.
3. There’s in-app transaction history for quick referencing
4. All my fuel dockets are emailed – making it super easy to claim fuel for my business come tax time.
5. There are really cool discounts and offers you can access in-app, like 4c/l off
A Couple Thing That Could Be Better About the Shell Card Go App
Nothing is perfect, and there are two improvements I’d love to see with the app.
Firstly, I had a little mishap where a Shell employee chased me down thinking I hadn’t paid. I saw her in my rearview mirror as I was exited the service station. I told her I paid via the app, and showed her as such.
She was embarrassed, so I asked if it showed up on her till that’d I’d paid via an app. She said they have to manually check if the pump was paid for via an app.
I still get a little nervous when using the app that a poor Shell employee is going to flag me down after I’ve paid in-app and then drive away.
Secondly, if I want to buy snacks or convenience items with my Shell Card and pay for fuel via the app, I can’t do both. I have to go inside to buy in-store items. So I can sit in my car and pay my fuel via the app, but then I still have to go inside to buy the items I want with my physical Shell Card.
Sign Up for a Shell Card Fuel Card and Download the App Today!
It’s quick and easy to apply for a Shell Card fuel card. All you need is the following:
- Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Details of business directors, partners, trustees or the business owner
- Business Banking or Credit Card details (Visa, Mastercard and Amex)
- Vehicle and/or driver details for all of the fuel cards you require
- ID check (Photo ID is required)
- Once you’re approved for a Shell Card and receive it in the mail, you can download the app and use it for free straight away!
Enquire to save
Enquire to save